Nuffnang ad

Monday, April 13, 2015

Mum of 13 is pregnant with quads - at age 65: Annegret Raunigk

A 65 year old woman from Berlin, who already has 13 children, is pregnant again with quadruplets, Germany's RTL broadcaster reported on Sunday.





The woman's pregnancy - she is a Russian and English teacher - follows several attempts abroad at artificial insemination over the last year-and-a-half, according to the TV channel.
Annegret Raunigk decided to try to have another child because her youngest daughter, who is nine, wanted a little brother or sister, the channel said on its website.
RTL said it would broadcast an interview with the pregnant mother, who has seven grandchildren, to track her through the pregnancy and afterwards.
Raunigk will be the world's oldest mother of quadruplets.
Newspaper Bild am Sonntag reported the pregnancy, quoting the prospective mother-of-17, whose oldest daughter is reportedly 44, recalling the moment doctors broke the news.
"Certainly that was a shock for me. After the doctor discovered there were four, I had to give it some thought to begin with," Bild quoted her as saying, adding she had not considered it an option to reduce the number of embryos.
"On the scan it was just clear to see,." 
She added:
"I'm not actually afraid. I simply assume I'll remain healthy and fit. In matters of organisation I have enough experience, that's not new for me," she said.
Asked about any moral doubts, RTL quoted her as saying: "How does one have to be at 65? One must apparently always fit some cliches which I find rather tiring.
"I think, one must decide that for oneself."
Her gynaecologist, Kai Hertwig, was quoted on the RTL website as saying that quadruple pregnancies were always a strain but that everything was going well.
The biggest risk for the babies is being born prematurely and doctors are doing all they can to prevent that, the gynaecologist added.
Mrs Raunigk made headlines 10 years ago too, when she gave birth to her 13th child at the age of 55.
"At first, I only wanted one child," Bild quoted her as saying at the time. "Not all were planned, but then things happen. I'm not a planner, but rather spontaneous... and children keep me young."
What are you thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment